The verification process is broken down into four basic steps:
- Select a real estate transaction to verify
- Assign a CAMA record to the transaction
- Verify CAMA information, include or exclude sale
- Review and document attachment
These four steps quickly and logically take the municipal user through the entire process of record verification. Once the user finishes the four step process, sales are placed in a "holding bin". Once in the "bin" they can be edited by the municipality. Once the sales are completed municipal users can "empty the holding bin", thereby releasing sales to DRA.
|Do you have a sale listed in the portal that should be assigned to a different town? Send us a support ticket and let us know which town you are working in, the verno and/or the book and page of the sale, and which town you believe the sale should be assigned to.|
Step 1 - Select a Transaction
Verification step 1 is the initial process in verifying real estate transaction records. All transactions to be verified by the municipality are displayed in verno order. Basic information is presented from the Country Registry of Deeds Grantor/Grantee Index and PA-34 forms (when available). To select a record to validate click the green arrow button to the left of each record.
- Sorting columns - Columns are sortable in ascending and descending order by selecting the arrows at the top of each field.
- Searching for Records - The search field in the upper right hand corner will query all records for the criteria entered. It is not necessary to qualify your search with the type of item you are searching on. For example: to search by "Book & Page" simply begin entering the value in the search bar and results will automatically come up based on what is entered.
- Changing views - In addition to records ready for verification, users can view "Verified Records" or "Pre-excluded Records".
|Note: Sales are pre-excluded if they have no or minimum consideration or meet specific criteria (See: Pre-exclusion Criteria).|
Step 2 - Assigning a CAMA Record
Verification step 2 is the process of correlating the real estate transaction to a specific record(s) in the municipalities CAMA data. This process allows the system to pre-populate CAMA and land use code information in the next step.
- CAMA Matching - The system uses a series of algorithms to find the best possible match for the transaction in the CAMA database. Matches are ranked in the rightmost column. To select a CAMA record, simply select the checkbox to the left of the record and click on the "Next" button.
- Selecting Multiple CAMA Records - To select multiple CAMA records for a multi-parcel sale select the desired records by clicking the check boxes to the left of each record. Then click the blue text below the CAMA records screen that reads "Add Selected Cama Record(s) to Sale". The records will appear in the panel below. When the correct records have been chosen, select the "Next" button.
- Manually Locating a CAMA Record - If the correct CAMA record does not appear in the table, users can search by either the Owners Name or Address in the search bar at the top of the screen.
Step 3 - Verify
Verification step 3 allows users to enter critical information about the property; Assessed Value (current and previous year), Selling Price, Land Use Code(s), and Current Use information. Additionally, users can make notes about the sale. Values displayed on this page are pre-populated from deed and CAMA information. Users can overwrite any values that are pre-populated. Once all information about the sale has been entered and exclusion codes have been selected (if applicable), select the "Next" button.
- Exclusion Codes - Users have the ability to add up to two exclusion codes for each transaction. Some codes require explanations, if one of these codes is selected and additional comments are not added the system will not allow the user to move forward with the process.
Note: The following exclusion codes require an explanation; 21, 25, 47, 52, 56, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 77, 89, 99.
- Multi Parcel Sales - If the transaction is a multi parcel sale the assessed value displayed will be a summation of the selected CAMA records.
|Note: The selling price is back calculated from the Tax Stamp Amount provided by the County Registry. The value provided is rounded to the nearest dollar; therefore any calculations based on that value might deviate slightly from the actual selling price.|
Step 4 - Review and Document Attachment
Verification step 4 allows users to review the information that has been entered about the transaction and provides an opportunity for the attachment of documents and photos. If the users have no attachments, simply review the information and select the "Finish" button to return to Validation Step 1. Selecting "Finish" will place the validated record in the "Bin", which means it can be opened and re-edited. Sales in the bin cannot be reviewed by the DRA.
Attaching Documents and Photos - To attach documents and photos:
- Click the "Choose File" button, which will allow users to browse their computer for the desired file.
- After browsing for the correct file and clicking "Open", the file name will appear to the right of the "Choose File" button.
- Provide a short description of the file you are uploading. Please note that files cannot be uploaded without a description.
- Click the "Upload" button to complete the process.